Image Express LTD
This privacy notice tells you about the personal data that we use in our work. In processing personal data, we are acting as a data controller and, by law, we are required to provide you with information about us, about why and how we use your data, and about the rights you have over your data.
Who we are?
We are a photo printing company under the company name of image express based in Northern Ireland. We also run several other printing websites one of which is freesnaps.co.uk
What we do?
Simply put we print your digital prints and post direct to you the customer. Once your photos are received on our server they are only kept for 24 hours on our stand alone server and then deleted.
What is personal data?
Personal data is defined as:
any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (‘data subject’); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person;
any operation or set of operations which is performed on personal data or on sets of personal data, whether or not by automated means, such as collection, recording, organisation, structuring, storage, adaptation or alteration, retrieval, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, alignment or combination, restriction, erasure or destruction;
the natural or legal person, public authority, agency or other body which, alone or jointly with others, determines the purposes and means of the processing of personal data; where the purposes and means of such processing are determined by Union or Member State law, the controller or the specific criteria for its nomination may be provided for by Union or Member State law;
What personal data do we collect and process?
We store on file customer related emails for marketing purposes , these emails are saved securely and never shared with a third party.
Digital photos from customer uploads are only stored on our server for 24 hours after printed images are dispatched.
Principles of data protection
There are a number of fundamental principles upon which the GDPR is based. These are as follows:
Personal data shall be:
- processed lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner in relation to the data subject (‘lawfulness, fairness and transparency’);
- collected for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes and not further processed in a manner that is incompatible with those purposes; further processing for archiving purposes in the public interest, scientific or historical research purposes or statistical purposes shall, in accordance with Article 89(1), not be considered to be incompatible with the initial purposes (‘purpose limitation’);
- adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary in relation to the purposes for which they are processed (‘data minimisation’);
- accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date; every reasonable step must be taken to ensure that personal data that are inaccurate, having regard to the purposes for which they are processed, are erased or rectified without delay (‘accuracy’);
- kept in a form which permits identification of data subjects for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the personal data are processed; personal data may be stored for longer periods insofar as the personal data will be processed solely for archiving purposes in the public interest, scientific or historical research purposes or statistical purposes in accordance with Article 89(1) subject to implementation of the appropriate technical and organisational measures required by this Regulation in order to safeguard the rights and freedoms of the data subject (‘storage limitation’);
- processed in a manner that ensures appropriate security of the personal data, including protection against unauthorised or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction or damage, using appropriate technical or organisational measures (‘integrity and confidentiality’).
- Image Express LTD will ensure that it complies with all of these principles both in the processing it currently carries out and as part of the introduction of new methods of processing such as new IT systems.
Storage of your personal data, sharing your data and international transfers
All personal data held by Image Express LTD is stored on secure information systems and servers based inside the UK. We generally do not transfer personal data outside of the UK however, if we do, those transfers of personal data outside the UK or EEA (European Economic Area) will be carefully reviewed prior to the transfer taking place to ensure that they fall within the limits imposed by the GDPR. Image Express LTD will always inform data subjects when any international transfer (outside of the UK or EEA) of their data will be taking place, and will outline the legal basis for this process.
Personal data held by Image Express LTD is only held for as long as necessary to perform the requirements of service delivery to out customers.
We do not share personal data with partner organisations or customers. If we do need to share information in the future, we will always tell you the organisations and individuals which we intend to share your data before you provide your personal data. Any data collated for the purposes of our services will only be used for that purpose.
Your rights as a data subject
You have rights under the GDPR. These consist of:
- The right to be informed
- The right of access
- The right to rectification
- The right to erasure
- The right to restrict processing
- The right to data portability
- The right to object
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling.
Each of these rights are supported by appropriate procedures within Image Express LTD that allow the required action to be taken within the timescales stated in the GDPR.
You can exercise any of these rights by contacting our Data Protection Officer.
Data Protection Officer Image Express LTD
49 high street
Co . Tyrone
Your right to complain
If you have a complaint about our use of your information, we would prefer you to contact us directly in the first instance so that we can address your complaint. However, you can also contact the Information Commissioner by telephone on 0303 123 1113.
We will update the version number and date of this document each time it is changed.
We are also sharing information with the google, you can check the detail how google process your data here. Click Here
Last updated Feb 2022.